View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 01:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

LisaM, I'm so sorry that you are in such a flare. I know how scary it is to think of a spread, and hopefully that isn't what's going on with you. I know when the weather starts getting cold here, it makes my pain skyrocket, and I mean it's like I feel like I have RSD over my entire body. It hurts to sit, stand, lay down, and just about breath.. I hope it is just the weather change for you and not a spread.

As for the showering problem, have you tried wearing one of those bath mitts that you use instead of having to hold a washcloth, sponge or anything like that? They are very helpful and that way you don't have to bend your fingers to hold on to it.

I'm not sure what meds you are on, but the one's I've seen mentioned in your post, I have been on all of them. They seemed to help a little at first but then it's like you get immune to them. I was even on the Actiq lollipops and they didn't do much and were very expensive and then when i divorced and lost my insurance I had to do something different. My Dr sent me to an Internal Meds Dr and he started me on Methadone, which I was afraid of, but let me tell you I have never found pain relief like I do with the Methadone. I just take 10mg 4 times a day and I have been on it for over 3 years now, and I was started out on 10mgs 2 times a day so I haven't had to increase it much at all. After starting the Methadone I was actually able to put a shoe on my RSD foot for the first time in years. It's just a thought, but maybe you should talk to your Dr and see if you would benefit from it rather than several other meds you are taking. I took myself off the neurontin and all the other meds I was (about 8 different meds) and the Methadone has absolutely been great. Other than an injection 3 times a day when I first got RSD this has been the most pain relief I have had.. I wish I could remember the med that I injected 3 times a day because it really worked well.

Well good luck and I really hope you find relief soon.

((((((Hugs))))))
Janet
jcherry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote