View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 04:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default HI Gareth

I'm new to this type of internet communication so I hope this posts right- I'm a chronic csf leaker and have been to a number of different doctors, the one neurosurgeon I found to be the most helpful is Dr. Schevink in Los Angeles at Cedars/Siniai.
Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth847 View Post
I am a 62 yr old white male with a spinal fluid leak in the right L3 region (underneath on the ventral surface of the dura and underneath the nerve root). This CSF leak resulted during spinal surgery 10-09-06 conducted in Amarillo, TX. There have been three unsuccessful attempts to repair the leak. I have typical CSF leak symptoms, headaches, exaggerated hearing, nausea, loss of energy and weight loss (normally 150, now about 135). I have undergone 60 hyperbaric treatments at Duke Medical Center (negative results for healing the tear). I am stable but would very much appreciate any help getting this repaired soon. Medical history (highlights) includes, substantial thorax radiation (13,000 rads over 8 weeks in 1972) for treatment for testicular cancer (teritoma carcinoma rt testicle, removed), radical lymph node dissection (1972), gastric bypass (1974), 7 previous surgeries for flatback syndrome, spine implants, implant failures, lumbar spinal stenosis with radiculopathy. I know,......I'm lucky to be alive. Bottom line is that I am looking for a clinic/hospital/surgeon with successful experience in repairing CSF leaks. ANY help is appreciated, on or off line (gareth847@aol.com) Thanks
angieo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote