View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 05:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alley View Post
Hi everyone,
I am in need of some help. I was diagnosed in March of 06 with graves disease/Hashimoto. I have since taken the radioactive iodine to kill my thyroid. Been on synthroid and now on Levothroxn. Nothing works. I just went to my doctor this week and he says my counts are not that far off for me to feel so horrible. I am not hungry, very sleepy, sad, achy and just feel miserable. My poor husband is really trying to understand but...... Any suggestions would be gratefuly appreciated. Alley
Do you have Graves Disease or Hashimotos Thyroiditis, or both?
They are pretty opposite of each other, but as I understand it the Hashimotos can masquerade as a hyperactive thyroid (including Graves Disease), then go to euthyroid, and hypothyroid.

I would actually see another doctor if I were in your position. Your doctor completely ignored your concerns by telling you that you shouldn't feel bad because your "counts" are relatively normal. He did nothing to attempt to ascertain what was wrong, and did the equivalency of telling you that it was all in your mind. That is what we call in the world of psychology---invalidation.

Get thee to a different doctor--- and make sure it's an endocrinologist.
Best Wishes.
SimSam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote