View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 06:36 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Lindkaye.

Welcome to the group.

When I first started with RSD in my right arm and hand, I dealt with stiffness in my hands and fingers. I would wake up of the Morning and my fingers would be curled up, swollen, and very sore. I was on Methadone for pain for years but it didn't help with those things. I have had RSD since around 98. Physical Therapy helped with all of that. My PT'er's stretched my arms and fingers and massaged my upper chest area and finally got a lot of it calmed down. I also had Triggerpoint injections to help calm things down. My Dr. used Lidocaine injections. It took a long time but it helped, I also had blocks. I also think the pain makes us tense up so bad that we tend to curl up and stay that way until we can get some of it calmed down.

What I have learned from myself and talking to RSD patients is that it takes time and different things to calm down some of the symptoms. Right now I am dealing with hip pain. I got a shot in my hip last night in hopes to get that calmed down. I also got one in my chest area to help with my TOS. I am starting arobics Monday in hopes to help with the winter pain.

At this point, I am on no pain meds and it's took 10 years to get me to that point. I am not painfree but a lot more comfortable then I was.

I agree you should talk to your Dr. about it and see if he can't put you on muscle relaxers to try and help. I don't know if you are on depression meds but depression comes with RSD most often as not.

Hope you feel better soon.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote