Thread: Tests Results
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 01:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

No, neither one is on a gluten free diet. I discussed that with the GI when I agreed to do the tests and he stated for me NOT to put them on the diet in case we needed to do a bx.

I am extremely tempted to just put Ellie on the diet and watch her symptoms disappear , but I don't think the GI will be pleased with that. He is looking for a final dx on her.

As for Kara, he is leaving that completely in our hands. I will be discussing this more thoroughly with my DH when I get home tonight.

My gut is telling me to put Ellie on the diet, but with resistance from the doc, I don't want to screw up any further testing they want to do. As I am typing this, I am thinking that maybe the best thing to do is, when we get the results from the retest of the thyroid, sit down with GI and DH and discuss the ramifications of her going GF. A golden diagnosis is for the birds!

It is all so frustrating. I went through all this with my son and I really don't want to go through it again.

[Celiac Disease]

Kara - Age 13 [ADD, Lactose Intolerance, Mild Hypertension, Fast heart beat] - Currently testing for Celiac
Michael - Age 6 [Gluten Intolerance, Gluten Ataxia, IgA Deficiency, DQ2, Asthma, Mitochondrial Dysfunction, GERD, CAPD]
Ellie - Age 4 - Celiac Disease
lmb3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote