Old 08-28-2008, 05:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Body Aches

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealingwithtos View Post
Hi.

First, NO! you're not losing your mind.

I have TOS - which resulted in rib resection surgery - which resulted in RSD - which resulted in fibromyalgia also.

I often feel that way in the am. It takes a little while to loosen things up and then by the end of the day, I'm in horrible pain - everywhere. But, it's different pain than the RSD pain. It's heaviness, very stiff, joints hurt when you use them or put weight on them. It obviously depends on the day too. For me, I feel it when there's a storm coming in and in the winter time.

What you mentioned to me sounds like fibro symptoms. You would want to see a rheumatologist if you find that when you research your symptoms that that also sounds like you. Check out a fibromyalgia website.

Good luck.
Hi and Welcome Lindkaye,

Could it be your RSD is spreading? It seems to me that your symptons
idicate that is a possibility.My RSD started 12 years ago following surgery.
Eventually, it mirrored then moved from top half to both feet and legs. It's also in my back now, full body or generalized they call it. There are so many on this forum that have both RSD and fibromyalgia. Tos is also diagnosed by some, but I'm not familiar with that. Besides the anti-depressants, pain meds,
Lyrica or Neurotin- anti-seizure that also helps with pain. Besides all those,
Anti-anxiety meds helps me, because like others said, if you can keep calm,
it inturn, reduces the aches and pains. It seems most of us on here are at our worst in the AM , then as the day progresses so does the pain. How long have you had RSD? Another member, Coffeebean also posted the anti-anxiety helped her a lot too. It is a bad one to have. Distraction methods, like music, scented candles, epsom salt baths, or lavender oil bath, funny movied, a good book, travel chanel shows, visiting a understanding friend on the phone, writing cards to family and friends. meditating is a wonderful help, especially on things we are grateful for, good memories growing up or raising our children, looking at photo albums, prayer, swimming is really kept me for It curls about 4'clock and is locked in. stretching is another things I try to do dailey. This RSD can really cripple you, put you in wheelchair, but I'm determined to not let happen if possible. I'm so sorry you have this, I hope you have a good Dr. that areally understands it, it can go internally affect
critical organs and play havoc on your blood pressure, because it involves the autonomic nervous system. How did you hurt your knee? I'm really sorry you have this, I went years without the proper diagnosis. Now have a great Dr.
Sincerely, Loretta Jewell
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote