View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 12:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thanks for the responses

Thanks everyone for your ideas. I'm not sure what is going on .... just know I have never felt like this ever before! I had my total knee replacement in Dec 07 and was diagnosed with RSD in early March 08 after I made no progress with my knee. The aching in my feet,hands and lower back has come on just the last 1-2 months. Its a different feeling than the RSD in my knee - which burns and has stabbing pains, skin is sore to touch like a sunburn. My hands and feet feel like I cant bend them, and ache severely, almost like when you have a severe flu. I like my pain doc - but he is really hard to get into to see. Took them 1-1/2 weeks just to call me back - and is a 3 month wait to see him = even if you are an established patient! I am trying to get in to see another pain med doc to get another opinion and discuss these new problems. I don't feel like I should have to wait months to discuss new symptoms with my dr. I understand they are busy, but should have time for existing patients. I am having a really hard time accepting the RSD and getting more depressed each day - which I believe anyone would having this. I haven't tried any antidepressents yet, I feel "fuzzy" enough with the pain meds and worry how the antidepressents would make me feel. I get mainly upset thinking of how this is effecting my family and also financially as I am applying for SS disability. Sorry to ramble on - thanks again for everyones comments, its nice to have someone understand what I'm going thru and give me ideas
lindkaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote