15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsteve View Post
Good on you mel!
Darn Right....Good on me.

lol lol lol lol lol

I tell you, as I get older, and I try new things (things that would scare to death, anyone my age, because I sit and talk to them and I'm told "you go on A COMPUTER???, you aren't afraid???".

And I say: "Afraid of what, it's a machine!!!"

Let me tell you, if I can face this stupid antivirus 2008 thing and I can learn all the various anti-spyware and trojan stuff (which I never heard of 5 years ago), then I can find my microsoft word and install it.

And if I couldn't find it, I would have taken apart my computer room till I found SOMETHING.

Want to have a laugh? The first time I tried to install it (the 60 day trial thing that was loaded on my computer), and it prompted me for the 25 character thingee, well I found a Windows 98 book with a product key on the front of the booklet.

I said 'well, this is a product key, it has 25 characters, give it a go".

It declined. I laughed to myself and said "Okay, this is smart stuff and it wants a Microsoft Office Product key".

You should have seen my face when I opened up one of my file cabinet drawers and saw the booklet that said 'Microsoft Office Professional Edition".

I NEVER EVEN KNEW I HAD THIS STUFF.

My brain might be getting old, BUT I'M FINDING STUFF I HID AWAY 5 YEARS AGO.

lol

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
oldsteve (08-30-2008)