View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 10:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by astern View Post
I am extermely jealous.

you should blog about your classes here!
I got in!!!! I will update here for sure! So far I was pleasantly surprised to find 2 people I met once upon a time at a RSI support group. They are wonderful and I am thrilled to have some buddies to gab with on all things owie, medical, workers' comp and disabiliity insurances YAY!!

So far I can tell you that it is guided sensory awareness with slow movement. Of course I saw it as a challenge the first day and pushed myself to the limit. (I gotta learn to accept my limitations... its just so hard) I actually started having a neck spasm while on the mat. But the professor, who is trained in Feldenkrais and has been instructing since 1994, came over to me and gave me a modification and I was able to continue

Here are the Guidelines for success and comfort in Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement given to me in class:
"Take it easy do each movemenr w/ as little effort as possible.
Take it slow- So you can pay attention to wwhat you feel inside.
Do each movement completely- then take a short break before you begin again.
Relax- and let go of unnecessary tension in all parts of yourself.
It's ok to stop & rest- and do nothing whenever you wish.
If you feel any pain or discomfort- do less, move slower or smaller, go extra easy, or IMAGINE yourself doing the movement. Imagining the movement can be just as effective as physically doing it.
In Feldenkrais, Less = More."

To be continued......

thursday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (01-11-2009), astern (08-29-2008), Jomar (08-29-2008), trixlynn (09-02-2008)