View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I "fake it till I make it", which probably summarizes what both Holly and Cindy's have said.

Everyone goes through these times, Joellelee. We go through the hard times, to get to the good times . . . and you have to keep the faith that those good times will come.

When things are particularly hard for me, that's when I do some heavy soul-searching. Sometimes that means counselling, or just reading a series of inspirational books (about beating the odds). . . or both.

I try to find things that keep me humble or give me pleasure, if only for a short period every day.

I force myself to volunteer for things that I find very emotionally difficult, and I cry a lot.

I pray, but only seem to do that when I am VERY desperate. I like to reserve my favors.

I post inspirational messages on the mirror and fridge.

I count my blessings regularly, and pat myself on the back for the smallest of accomplishments. I think about how much worse things could be.

I try to remember that this is only a moment in time.

I keep the faith that things will get better.

Cherie

(if all else fails, I find a new drug . . . one that does what it should)
"Thanks for this!" says:
Carolina (08-31-2008), Jodylee (08-29-2008)