View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 10:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Trust it more???

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
No horror stories but thought the data might help. I've been on it since diagnosis in 2000 with no problems other than sleepiness. I am currently taking 24 mg daily which is the max recommended but I have self-prescribed as high as 32 mg daily. I am unusually tolerant of it and trust it more than I do sinemet (which is kind of like saying that I trust Bush more than Cheney ).
"Trust it more" is so out of character for you. What do you believe is the advantage of taking requip at all if you are also at a point of total dependency on sinemet? Originally it delayed sinemet dosage increases. Might be protective? I've told myself that Requip "potentiates" sinemet. That taking less sinement is good by blinding myself to the unknown effects of requip. I really have no concrete reason for taking requip at this point.

I have also been on Requip since dx in 2000. 30 mg daily with "good" tolerance. I have also maxed out on sinemet. I want to eliminate requip as an unneeded drug that I just got "hooked" on unless someone comes up with a good reason why I need it.
shcg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote