View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 10:00 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default ? re: Anti-virus software and anti-spyware software

Hi.

As most of you know, I now have this Super Professional Anti-spyware thing on my computer.

When the verizon tech guy installed it, he told me 'I have done it in such a way that there will be no icon on your (toolbar, taskbar thingee??)

And so, before I run the Spyware, I was told to pull up Verizon Internet Security Suite, click on exit, and THEN RUN THE SPYWARE.

So I've been doing that. No problem.

Yesterday, The Super Professional Spyware updated itself. And now I have an icon on my lower right of my screen, (right near my Internet Security Suite icon).

So I have two icons, one for anti-virus stuff and one for Super spyware stuff.

And I've been told that you can have as many anti-spyware thingees as you want but only ONE anti-virus thingee.

I understand this.

So, BECAUSE I NOW HAVE THIS ANTI-SPYWARE THINGEE on the bottom right of my screen, and when I right click it, you should see all the items that are associated with this Anti-spyware thing. Before it updated, I never had anything to click on. Just the icon on my desktop. I never right clicked on that so maybe I had stuff associated with it. I don't know.

So here's my question.

If I want to run my Verizon Internet Security Suite Software, do I have to go to the (I think it's called the System tray, or the task bar, WHATEVER THE LOWER RIGHT ICONS are located on). Do I right click, select exit, and THEN RUN THE VERIZON ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE??

Or it doesn't matter??

I don't want them to conflict or anything.

I think what I'm afraid of is that Verizon Internet Security Suite will think that this Super Professional Spyware thingee is a virus and it might delete this.

God Forbid.

So any techies out there who can help me, well I'd appreciate it.

Thanks much.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote