View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 03:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Hi Doodlebug
Hope you soon get used to your dentures. I have been wearing dentures
for 40 yrs now so have had quite a lot of new teeth.
I have had permanant detures right away, the bottom ones always take longer to get used to but it is best to try & percivere with them.
I am lucky as i have a Dental technition in the family, if you can get to one it would have been better for you as they are better with the fittings when i`v had my last 2 pairs done by my son in law i have been able to sit down & eat a proper meal right away so you can`t get better than that.
The only problem i have is my epilepsy & have lost my bottom teeth whilst having a fit. now i know to take them out at night or having a kip in the day don`t want to swallow them it`s to expensive, yep he makes me pay for them !!! They are always cheaper from D. technition & for repairs ect.
These denture fixatives arn`t nice to use, i`v got loads have a grandaughter a dental nurse she keeps bringing the stuff, been today with some more but she did bring me a denture brush which you will need they are much stiffer than normal ones.
Could you go out for a meal without your bottom ones as it isn`t very apperant to other people that you don`t have them in.
You will soon be o.k & just think no more painful fillings.
love jane
jane d mccartney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote