View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 02:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Uggg....headaches are one of the worst MS symptoms I've had...and definitely the longest lasting....the headache started in January when I first got sick....and I can't say I've been 100% free from it since then!

I tried Topamax....but the cog fog got increasingly worse while on it - so I stopped and things got better. They do use it for seizures...tho the list of side effects can include numbness - which I already struggled with when I started taking it back in February.

I think the other med they sometimes rx for it can be neurontin. Years ago I struggled with migraines and they gave me neurontin for that and it helped. (I believe this was before the newer migraine meds hit the market.) They use it for nerve pain, too. I think lots of people here have used it or currently use it.

Both of these have their own downfalls. I've also tried painkillers....finally landing on percocet - the only one that made any dent in the pain. I am not able to take the percocet post HiCy YET (not allowed any tylenol, advil, acetaminophen, etc. until my blood counts come back)...so right now I have oxycodone without the acetaminophen. I would really like to see if Tylenol can kick the headaches now - but I just have to wait. Unfortunately, I don't like being on pain meds, so I wait until the pain gets to a 7 (on scale of 10) before taking the meds...whereas, I would be trying tylenol much sooner.

Anyhow, I share your pain.... headaches can be so debilitating. I hope you find some relief!!

~Keri
RedPenguins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (08-31-2008)