View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 03:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Rita and Welcome, My name is Loretta and I have full body rsd. 12 years ago I had surgery and the next day my arm was swollen and then shoulder froze up and need lots of physcial Therapy. I was misdiagnosed and didn't really get diagnosed for 5-6 years. It only took the orthopedic surgeon less than a minute to diagnose rsd and confirm that with tests. You are in the very best situation to go into remission. The blocks work best if they are given with the first 6 months or even up to a year. I'm not a Dr. but this is common knowledge with this disorder. Sometimes it takes several blocks. An anetheologist usually gives the blocks. I would want the Dr. to have a lot of experience in this area. And Don't be in a hurry to let work comp. pressure you to sign off. This is a disorder that has no cure and best hope is to go in remission. I went in remission and then it came back with just a pull of a nerve in my hand while water skiing. It was after that, that I got a correct diagnosis. It spread from there to other hand and then both feet and legs, full body.I'm so sorry your fiance had this happen to him. My husband and married daughter have been so wonderful. I am going to soon apply for social security disability. I've waited as long as I can, this has totally disabled me from working in our business. My Dr. is supportive. My daughter is a court reporter so she gave me a name of an attorney that is good. It takes a long time to really see the consequences of the damage to your body. It's really more than that. Constant pain and the meds take their toll emotionally. So welcome to this forum- it's full of loving, compassionate women and men who have so much experience with this incredible disorder, there are a lot of Drs. that don't know much about rsd or have even heard of it. I have learned the most from this forum and my Dr. If your Dr. isn't experienced in the blocks, it's worth doing research and asking questions about their knowledge and experience. Hope all goes well with the block. Loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote