View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 04:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have asked my doc and other knowledgable people about this and although I'm not great w/ details, can tell you a little something. Also...I like the website iherb.com...lots of good info. to find there.

The doc told me that many women suffer from slight insulin resistence and to take 200 mcg of Chromium Picolinate. It helps with blood sugar levels. He says this is helpful w/ reference to cravings and avoid fat storage, etc.

Other things I have experimented with on my own and have gotten variable results with include: CLA, ACetyl L-Carnitne and R-Lipoic Acid. However, all of these things seem to give me more energy and that is appreciated when exercising regularly. BTW...magnesium can help with muscle cramping and I do take this, along with calcium.

In addition, cinnamon and green tea are two natural products that are likely to help slightly with fat burning.

There is a "newish" product called Fucoxanthin (not sure, but I think it is seaweed). It is said to be a slight stimulant and might help with water retention.

I have heard that some folks are helped by 5-htp if they over-eat because they are under stress. However, I don't think you can take this product if you are taking certain prescription medications including antidepressants.

I primarily focus on: Chromium Picolinate and Cinnamon when it comes to possible weight loss supplements. They are natural, etc. I would use the Green Tea, but since I am prone to headaches...I am limited with this item. I do make myself a cup now and then and order it when I go out sometimes. Of course, if you put sugar in it, etc. all bets are off.

Generally...I really like my multi, Vit. D and B's. They are my "overall" most important vitamins.

Honestly, I don't think anything can truly beat a very healthy diet that is low to moderate in calories, low in fat, high in fiber and low in sugar. This plus exercise, fresh water....good living...should cover most of it. HOwever, as we all know...many obstacles can get in the way, etc.

Last edited by Vowel Lady; 08-31-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote