View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 03:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Erin

Sorry I havn't replied for a while, been babysitting my Aunties 2 dogs!!
My MG, at the moment is affecting my arms, hands(cant type, or use my fingers properly most of the day) legs, back to shufflling like an old lady, and chewing is just so tiring, so I eat soft easy to chew food, no swallowing difficulties yet.
My neuro is bewildered as to why I constantly go from quite good to terrible. It seems just when I start looking good for a few months my body then takes a dive. He is booking me in for a one day course of IVIG, Im luck in that I have had no reactions in the past!!

In regard to coping with heat. For about 5 years I lived in the bush, in an old HOT house, I use to hop in the shower in my summer pyjamas(short bottoms and a tanktop) wet my, very thick(red) hair, and collapse on my bed, when I dried off I'd do it all again. This was how I went to bed, with fan blowing on me. It was the only way I could cope with the heat, I'm lucky I now have a nice little unit, that stays cool, and an airconditioner, which I only needed to use for about 2 hours at night.
I hope things have improved for you
redtail
redtail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote