View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 03:47 AM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiloo View Post
"I have heard of the rainbows, of the stars, of the play of light upon the waves. These I would like to see. But far more than sight, I wish for my ears to be opened. The voice of a friend, the happy noises of community, the imaginations of Mozart.... Life without these, is darker far than blindness."
Helen Keller

I asked my friends one time if they had to loose their sight or hearing which would they choose?

Most of them said they would rather loose their sight. I myself would rather loose my sight because I love the sounds of life...
Thanks for that beautiful quote, Tammi.

Helen Keller truly saw with her heart...

one of my cousins has down's syndrome. She is one of the happiest persons I have ever met in my life.

She is high functioning. She actually became manager of a Wal-mart. Her sister is a doctor. And her sister is very...bitter...

They came to my father's funeral and I was so glad to talk to my cousin with the down's syndrome. She opened my eyes with her attitude...

it made me wonder...who's smarter? My cousin who is the doctor, or my cousin with down's syndrome?

her smile can light up a room...I wish I could talk to her more and learn more from her...

I wonder about the bigger TV's and the bigger cars and the bigger houses..

and I wonder about the tedious stuff that we really don't need, but are told that we need...we see it on TV, it makes us want it. We hear it on the radio, it makes us want it...

one can be blinded by commercials of what we see...

everyone knows that...yet...something primitive comes out...cause I'll tell you what, I really would like to have the latest I-PHONE....I just gotta have it!! LOLOL (but will never get one cause I just can't afford one every few months...*sigh)

"you're entering, the

zone..."

Last edited by who moi; 09-01-2008 at 04:57 AM.
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (09-01-2008)