View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 06:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

thanks Robert and Steve for the requests for good thoughts and prayers for the people in southwestern louisiana--my mother was airlifted from a hospital in southwestern Louisiana on sat noc via an air force transport plane. No one would tell us where she was to be transfered until she arrived at the new hospital; family members were not allowed to accompany her. Fairly anxiety producing for all her children. She is safe, and will celebrate her 96th birthday today in an Arkansas hospital, far from her home, but fortunately out of harm's way. My sister arrived last evening to be with her. Everyone in my family is glued to the weather channel. I remember the experience of Hurricane Audrey,1957, which left such devastation to the small coastal community just "down the road" from my home. I also recall arriving at college in New Orleans in Sept, 1965, to be greeted by Hurricane Betsy.
The southwestern louisiana region has not yet recovered from "Rita", the hurricane just after Katrina, that impacted this area. Fortunately, the government has reacted to make certain people have evacuated the areas in the hurricane's path this time.

Evonne, could you discuss the drug testing with your physician or nurse and let him/her assist you in dealing with this potential problem?

~ Jean-Martin Charcot

The future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed. William Gibson
olsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote