View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 10:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
....They also said on that show that any other person that has RSD would be on disability. She's blessed to have enough money to get anything she needs to keep her going. There are people out there that can work with it but I don't think many. I have a friend that is a nurse and she has it in her right foot and leg and she has kept working. She says blocks has kept it in check for her.
Do any of you have trouble dealing with the summer. The summers are worse on me in a lot of ways then the winter. If I get too hot, I'm a mess.

In the winter, my worse times are when the barametric pressure changes is when my RSD really acts up.

It just really blew me away when that Dr. said that people couldn't control their heat with the RSD. I just never associated it with the RSD.

Ada
Well, I'm still working...and full time...my rsd is in both hands and other upper areas (I really should make a signature so I don't have to keep retyping where it is)...and I do all of the office work for a small office. All the biling, payroll, invoicing, etc. Luckily it's a very SMALL and very SLOW office. however, I haven't filed ONCE this year, so tht's a mess. Fortunatly my boss is like a second fther to me. I've been here 8 years, he understands how much pain I'm in. I MAYBE do one shipper a day....sometimes as many as 3, but I don't have to type much into it. It takes me about 30 seconds to do. I dont do letters to anyone, etc. The most typing i do is personal, here, to you gys...but I can take my time. And I'm on a huge dose of fentnyl, plus percocet. The doctors are working w/me to try and keep me working...cuz ppl generally DO do better when they work. It' good exercise, and keeps you from flling into a depression. So, I dont like that he said specifically "any other person that has RSD would be on disability." I'm another person...and I'm not on disability. I'm fortunate. I SHOULD be probably, cuz by the time I leave work, I'm in such HUGE pain that I am usually crying my eyes out the rest of the night. But, I need he nsurance, the paycheck, and my boss has said on MANY occassions that when he retires he's considering GIVING hte business to me nd my coworker (who is the only other person working here - told ya it was a small place!) So how can I give that up, ya know?

Secondly....Summer is HORRIBLE for me. Heat is my MONSTER. Heat from the stove when cooking....any slight increase in the temp. Winter, the cold hurts. I'm sensitive to BOTH ncrease an decrease in temps. STinks really! As fr my body heat...the only thing I've found is that I tend to sweat more easily when doing MINOR exertion. Like walking at a slightly increased speed from one place to another, or reaching high (when I'm feeling good eeough that I can) or helping to clean (again, when feeling good enouh). Minor exertion makes me sweat. And sleeping. i wake up SOAKING WET - but that could be a med side effect.

Hugs
LisaM
LisaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote