View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 02:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am NOT a doctor, nor have I played one on tv and I did NOT stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. THAT being said.......

In my many years of experience with specifically back pain, my bet is on a slightly herniated disc that really won't show up on an MRI but will become aggrevated and painfull after physical activity.

Long term sitting, standing or whatever will bring it about. I would try to get an MRI done but when you go for it, I would try to do the worst physical activity he can think of. The worse situation that brings about the most pain. Do THAT right before going for your MRI.

Also tell him MRI's have changed quite a bit in the last 20 years. My first MRI was in a typical MRI. Looks like a big coffin and is VERY confined. They strapped me in, sent me into it and 30 seconds later I was clicking the button. NOPE, not for me.

I discovered later right down the road they had a sit down MRI. It was beautiful. I sat there and watched a huge flat panel tv during my MRI, no problems.
NJPain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vowel Lady (09-09-2008)