View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 03:06 PM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie D View Post
Wow, what a thread!!! Love it! It's so interesting to delve into subjects like this...
Lennon did mean that we live with our consciousness distracted by the mundaneness of life. The material needs, the TV, our image in the world, all of those things that distract us from being aware at every moment.
Aware of what? Of our breath, going in and out, and the miraculousness of that. Our connectedness to all that surrounds us. Of this present moment.

It seems so easy...yet it's so difficult.

About esp, my father would always know when someone had died...he would have a dream, the same dream. It's going to sound gross, but he would dream that his father would be chasing a person, and would be throwing, um, defecation at a person. If it hit, my dad would hear that that person would be dead the next day. There were times when his father would miss a person in his dream...that person would have a close call, like a car accident, or an illness, but would survive.
Nice esp gift, heh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae View Post
Thats what I mean Debbie...I too am a human death radar, I can wake up instantly when someone dies and tell you they just died, or I dream it and it happens. It is a sense of knowing I think.

I'd just like to say that I do NOT want to be in neither your father nor Nae's dreams...especially your father, Deb D... LOLOL

When I was a youngster, about 6 yo, I went to the zoo with my mom and brother. They gave Elephant rides. These beautiful creatures were chained (poor things). But my brother got to ride first. I was a bit peeved cause I wanted to ride first so I somehow, walked behind the elephant...

next thing you know, atom bomb hit and I was splat...it knocked me down..you know that thing that they call carp?

My mom, the elephant trainers and all the passer-bys were laughing so hard that no one picked me up...I was so flushed I almost cried then and there..and the only thing they could do was to use the hose to wash the elephants with to wash me...

OK, stop laughing...you know what they say, "CARP happens"....

Maybe that is philosophical in itself...carp happens...hmmm....

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote