View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 03:23 PM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegot5kiz View Post
hey MOi what if you're color blind, pretty sure being color blind might be a good way to go trough life, if ya get my drift, hows tricks in the philosophical world Moi?
yeah, Frank...my sister in law was here a few months ago and we got into such discussions...such as how do we know we all see "RED" the color?

I mean, if one sees RED this color could another one see RED as that color??

taking the color blind factor out actually and that we all are seeing RED (but do we see different shades of it?)

Of course, we could get scientific about it....

tricks in the philosophical world suck eggs...LOL

on another note (I know this is NOT what you are asking...)

I don't agree with all Philosophers...I like the ones that are more loose than ****...

I don't care for Hegel nor Bacon (not Kevin. LOL Francis)

And Philosophy has spawned scientists, alchemists, and charlatans...

almost everyone loves Descartes cause of his "Cogito Ergo Sum" (I think, therefore I am) but what I love about Descartes was his way of breaking the rules (rules that are corrupt) and I have used his method in kinda along the lines of my thinking...

his notes that "senses can be deceptive, for instance, when one sees a stick (philosophers like to use sticks as references for some reason?) which appears bent in a stream, and a wise person never trusts that which once deceives him. Ought we therefore never trust our sense-based beliefs? The argument cannot prove this much, not least because we would not be aware of illusions if we had no faith at all in sensory perception. We discover that the stick is not really bent by calling on the reinforcements of other sensory experiences; we feel the stick or take it out of the water and look at it again. "

he was a good guy that propelled a lot of modern philosophy and science...

OK, I have to stop thinking philosophy cause I can really whine about how Peirce have been overlooked and I am just scatching the surface...LOL

I am reading now, "the history of thought" it's really really a cool read...

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote