View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 03:33 PM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

sue,

You asked a great question and I really really am not smart enough to answer...as a matter of fact, I have been really enjoying all the comments and I don't have answers to ANY of them...(that's philosophy, I guess)

with that said, I do have my own belief system...

does it matter if our eyes are open or closed.

yes, and no...

there is a school of philosophy that teaches, learn then forget.

kinda like someone learning to play football. They learn how to drill by running, catching, throwing...there are certain movements and positions that are preferred....but then it is taught to forget about it then go on by default...

martial arts teaches that too...

in another school of thought, they want one to learn, forget, learn again, and see if what they've learned the second time is better or worse than the first time...

I think we all have to keep an open mind about everything but in the end, we all are our own individual and have to respect others for their individuality.

I agree with you...the written words, when written well, can have profound effects..when miscontrued, it can be misunderstood and then head into many different directions...

and that's what I am mostly afraid of when I post...I am always fearful that I am not conveying well...and that what I might have said will make someone upset...then I would type out long posts that in the end would upset myself...
see, I am doing it now...

and hey, I got you outta lurking mode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozie View Post
Does it matter if our eyes our open or closed?

It is all in the minds eye anyway.

When we view something no matter what it is we seem to already have a preconceived notion of where someone is coming from or what their meaning is.

Yeah I get the notion of the blind men and the elephant but once they "see" something don't you think their own emotions, thoughts, preconceived ideas take over?

We are all familiar with this participating in a message board. How many times are someones words taken wrong because we cannot see the body/mind behind the words?

Of course we can perceive what "we" think they meant, but more often than not we are way off in what they really meant.

Then if you add the way you may see that person, their words can take on a whole new meaning and no matter what when you "read/see" that persons words they may always be red or blue or green and I question whether you can ever change the hue of their words after that.

I know in my "online life" I can't help but have my idea/opinion of them while reading their comments and sometimes it will skew how I interpret their intentions.

I don't like it but it is what it is...Sue

"you're entering, the

zone..."

Last edited by who moi; 09-01-2008 at 03:55 PM.
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (09-01-2008)