View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Darkeyes, I too, have been all over the map...

on the hypothyroid issue. It's making me think I am verry, verry lucky that my docs over the years tested for it. Can I say POO to your docs who didn't explore it? It's such a common thing in folks over 40, +/-, and soo easy to fix. Getting the dosage right is a fine art tho, and I truly hope that the Endo. will get you on the rite track. Please note it is very common in pre-to post-menopausal women.

Like Loisba, I've been all over the Synthroid dosage map. From the 75 to the 125 mg map. Rite now I'm in-between, but shortly after PN/CIDP onset, My dosages were upped after a raging edema attack. In a long past year I'd a nodule on my thyroid for which a biopsy was taken-nothing, of course. Every year I ask my neuro about the issue, as it can be a PN cause - always a no. I sure wish I knew/or could understand, why a no.

I dunno about your doc testing you for Lyme's before eliminating the thyroid issue/aspects first. Doesn't sound Kosher to me unless there have been heaps of Lyme's cases in your immediate area - get my drift? All I can say is that the Thyroid tests are far cheaper than Lymes'. Maybe anonomously send a 'thyroid fact sheet' to that doc?

BTW, top docs lists are useful for starting points in finding docs, BUT, do your own homework about their backgrounds, where they practice, and their specialties [which may or may not be what you want/need]. Take it all with a grain of salt, as some docs w/great credentials and YOU may not get along or communicate well. Other than first-hand references from other patients or docs you respect in other fields [my podiatrist was a great resource-believe IT!] the finding a good doc is like playing dice or cards-luck of the roll or draw. My current and ex neuros are on top docs lists, the ex I wouldn't let my dog be treated by-if I had a dog.

Keep Good Heart and have pain free moments! Don't give up, just look elsewhere, PLEASE! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote