View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Judy! Your making me feel the need to go through my closet again. I need some new clothes but have to be a good girl and not spend right now after I bought the new beds. We bought the SAT (Self Adjusting Technology) mattresses with the adjustable base. They are cheaper than the Sleep Number bed and feel so good! I bit the bullet since the VA keeps giving Jim camping mattresses. I even called and suggested they consider them for vets but I was welcomed about as much as a limp noodle. They costs too much I guess.

Jim is having yet another UTI. If the antibiotics don't work or he gets sick from them he has to go into the hospital. This time he has two bugs, ecoli and enterococcus which are only sensitive to Macrobid this time. If you remember last time Jim took this med he was deathly ill. Well, for some reason, this time he's fine. I think God is watching over him and letting him stay where he's comfortable, at home, for now.

I will be thinking of you Judy as you start your radiation. Don't be scared or nervous. My mom and grandma did radiation and were fine during and after. My grandma used to tease that she looked like someone whooped her with an exposed wire on her chest. She was always joking about things even though I know she was scared. My mom on the other hand never talked about it. She just went and had it done and acted like nothing happened. I think she was just grateful it wasn't chemo.

Judy!
NurseNancy (09-02-2008)