View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 08:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink Suboxone is great....

Suboxone sure helped me....but I found out that I will have to most likely go back on opiates, since I have allergies to so much else. But it sure didn't hurt my body to be off of it for awhile. The pain stinks but i don't have the desire for them would prefer not to take them at all. I was lucky enough to be close to a bigger city so it was easier to find a doctor that can prescribe it. Some people stay on a low dose and it seems to keep them off the Addiction train. That was not necessary for me...but now the pain king is back. My pychiatrist warned me but i had to try and see what would happen and am still glad I did. A lower dose of meds and less meds is fine by me. You have to be so careful. The suboxone helped very little with the pain but it did help some. Still going to try other means also. Determined to find something that works. Lori T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandtryan View Post
http://www.suboxone.com/

This is a miracle drug--the only problem is, finding a doctor to prescribe it. If you live in a fairly large city--check out the pain management clinics--or even rehab centers--as often doctors there can prescribe it.

The good: instant relief from withdrawl symtoms, general feeling of normalcy (many people, including myself say "I haven't felt like this in years--it's my old healthy self again". When you stop taking the Suboxone, there is little to zero withdrawl.

The bad: you have to BE IN WITHDRAWL for at least 24 hours before you take it for the first time. That means no opiates in your system. That 24 hours can be rough--but 30 minutes after you take the first dose, the withdrawl vanishes.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!
ltassone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote