Thread: Waking up?
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 04:36 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I've always been a light sleeper...well, ever since my first child was born 25 years ago! Ever since then I've slept with one eye open. I've always been an early bird, though.

I started having the sleep interruptions every two hours. I'd sleep for two hours, wake up and it would take me 30 minutes to an hour to go back to sleep.

I think as we get older our bodies are adjusting to the change and sleep is one of the things affected. Just my take on it - nothing scientific to prove it.

I've tried not to get too wrapped up in it because I know I can take a nap if needed (tho I'd rather sleep at night and not during the day). Seems the more I stress about it the worse I sleep. I've tried Advil PM and Somenex and they both made me sleepy but neither kept me asleep. I had a prescription for Ambien but my Neuro told me not to take it every night as it messes up the sleep hormones. I think my sleep hormones are already messed up...hence the need for a sleep aid!! On a side note...I've just upped my LDN dose to 3.0 and I slept better last night than I have in a long time. It may not last but I'll take it while I can get it!!

Good luck - and let us know if you find something that works for you!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote