View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegot5kiz View Post
it is a good question, I have answered both yes and no in my life, no because to hear we need to be there and yes because, sound is a vibration in the atmosphere around us,

so even with out an ear to translate the vibration, aka, the sound. the tree still disrupts the atmosphere around said object and sends out vibrations, there just isn't an ear to translate the vibrations into an audible sound,

i tend to lean on the second answer yes it makes a sound,

another thought these vibrations that are produce, when a tree falls, scare off birds and small critters and deer
Quote:
Originally Posted by who moi View Post
wee wee....

wee wee!! (and for some reason, I have an image of all those creatures running out of the woods and toward moi...LOLOLOL)

great profound thoughts, Frank...

~~~~~~~~~

Gaz, those are good answers! I'll have to come back to it, I got phillo-doughed in the other thread and my brain is mush like oatmeal..

~~~~~~~~~

Mel, you've got good perspectives IMHO...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I do try. The other day I watched a marathon of ENTERPRISE with Scott Bakula. I had never seen that series. Wow, did I enjoy that.

I'm a trekker (notice I didn't say trekkie).

I also spent last night watching the Science Channel. I saw a show called "HOW'S IT'S MADE".

They showed how they milk cows. They don't need people any more. They have these cows in buildings and they are free to roam around and go under some kind of mechanical brush thing that makes the blood circulation better in their bodies. They keep the cows relaxed so they produce better milk.

Oh, did you know that cows only give milk AFTER they give birth?? The lactate for up to 10 months afterward.

Then the cow (when the udders get too filled with milk), well they know where to go, and some sensor goes near the udders, and records which cow it's milking. Yup, the cow has an identification code.

Then the device attaches itself to each udder and there's a digital readout and it says: 'MILKING IN PROGRESS". Then the milk goes from long tubes into this big vat, and if there is any side of bad milk, the whole thing is disposed of. And the vat itself tests the milk and stores it at the correct temperature.

And when the cow has no more milk, the readout says 'Milk production ends".

Then the cow (feeling content now), simply mozes back into where he can roam around freely. He's not separated from his herd because they don't want to give the cow any stress.

No human is involved in this process.

I have never seen such a thing in all my life. I said out loud to the television "This is where my skim milk comes from??? There's sensors underneath a cow that knows his serial number, and everything is scientifically digitalized???

You should have seen my face.

I had no idea. My grandfather milked cows on his farm.

Good God.

Then I watched how they make Blackboards, and Stained Glass Windows.

I'm telling you, I get an education all the time, just from watching the Science Channel.

Anybody here watch this besides me??

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
allentgamer (09-02-2008), who moi (09-02-2008)