View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 10:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Holy Cow!!!

This school is making me mad! Hello People...if your son has an IEP that does mean he is to get the special help...The {I} does mean INDIVIDUAL. Heck he should be able to go to the Special Ed room if needed during the day. And no way should they be putting him in Adult ED. Thats crazy. You can ask for anything that's for sure, its the getting it part that can be difficult. Sorry just got a bit worked up. Just remind them that IEP does mean he get help even if it's just for him. Wow, they sure have that backwards don't the. I am so sorry your having all these problems with the school. Is there anyone you can bring that might be able to help? Sometimes if we Bring someone with (besides our spouse) it helps. They may sit up and take some notice. Keep working on an Advocate...you may be able to find another outside person through a lawyer that doesn't charge. I don't know. Our school system isn't the best but they are trying. OH, what about his Doctor does he/she have any ideas. Here they wanted and insisted on his input. It was through a letter. He just spelled out what he thought best for Megs and it made a hugh difference. He's the one that knew about the other school. Thats when things started to turn around. Anyone else have ideas. School is hard enough to deal with and when we have kids with special needs it's even harder! I sure am Glad this is my last child to go through High School! I'll look some more. Your in Michigan? Take care Lori T.