View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 12:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've had the following before I started with Sinemet and its relations. Overall the Sinemet is helping me. Even if there were more side-effects, I would never know it at this time. Like lurkingforacure says, how can we tell the difference between what's the side-effect, and what's part of this syndrome.

Body as a Whole: chest pain

Cardiovascular: cardiac irregularities, hypotension, orthostatic effects including orthostatic hypotension, syncope, palpitation.

Gastrointestinal: vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, dyspepsia, dry mouth, taste alterations --- lack of taste. Lobster tasted like salt water to me last week!

Musculoskeletal: back pain, shoulder pain, muscle cramps.

Confusion, agitation, dizziness, somnolence, dream abnormalities including nightmares, insomnia, paresthesia, headache, depression with or without development of suicidal tendencies.

Respiratory: Upper respiratory infection. - Pneumonia 3x

Skin: Increased sweating,

Urogenital: Urinary frequency, dark urine.

Laboratory Tests: White blood cells, bacteria, and blood in the urine.

Body as a Whole: Abdominal pain and distress, fatigue.

Gastrointestinal: Gastrointestinal pain, Flatulence, hiccups.

Musculoskeletal: leg pain.

Nervous System/Psychiatric: ataxia, extrapyramidal disorder, falling, anxiety, gait abnormalities, nervousness, increased tremor, numbness, muscle twitching.

Respiratory: pharyngeal pain, cough.

Special Senses: Diplopia, blurred vision --- glasses not working well anymore.

Urogenital: Urinary retention, urinary incontinence, priapism.

Miscellaneous: bizarre breathing patterns, faintness, hoarseness, malaise, hot flashes, sense of stimulation.

Laboratory Tests: decreased white blood cell count and serum potassium; increased serum creatinine and uric acid.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote