View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 12:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dahlek,
Thanks so much for your reply. The Lymes issue was in fact major concern and still is,the state I lived in before and where I live now,has had a large percentage of Lyme disease cases. Where I lived years ago,deer ticks and dog ticks were common,luckily I have short haired dogs and would be checking daily,my oldest (before I got my young one) would pick them up in our yard,we had half the yard fenced in,but was heavily wooded,I even removed a dog tick from my hip by accident thought it was towel lint.
Others I would have stuck on my clothes,so I could understand the concern docs had then,and even as precaution cause the tests weren't too accurate my docs would prescribe antibiotics used for the disease.
Anyway, I do not have much woods but farmer's fields behind my yard.
I don't go out in those areas and I no longer volunteer at the Raptor Trust, soooo exposure to ticks for me is zero, not unless grocery stores have them, LOL!!
You are so right about raves about docs can not always be realistic,I've hit on some real quacks who people raved about,one years ago a plastic surgeon who removed a huge facial cyst and didn't close it well, it got infected,etc.
Anyway, you are right,one needs to research their docs.
I'm on my way as we speak.
Thanks so much,
DE
darkeyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote