View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Is this a ADD symptom?

As I read,I develope anxiety. The more I read now,the more (burdened) I get. Then I have to stop reading.

Sometimes around the end of my reading,I read one word at a time.

When I went to school,they didn't classify learning disorders. I was sent to a Military Academy for their reading program.

Compared to these days,they didn't know much about learning,and reading disorders. I did not get any help for my disabilities in college in the mid-70's,and I dropped out in my second year. No one was helping me.

My mind wondered. Sometimes I could not concentrate to the point that I could not hear the teacher. I could not remember allot of what was said. When things where being explained to me I could not follow what they where saying,to the point that I could not hear what they where telling me. I daydreamed also. I wanted to leave. People bothered me,and where not helping me. I got laughed at in class sometimes when I was attempting to read outloud. One time they laughed at me so hard,I left the class,and went to the clinic. The teacher got in trouble with the Principle. I was in the 6th grade.

This may be a combination of things. I still don't know,and can only make assumptions. School was a real struggle. I flunked the 3rd,and 8th grades. Then my parents sent me to a military school. My intelligence is higher then average. I kept getting bad,and unhelpfull input. BF

Last edited by Brokenfriend; 09-02-2008 at 11:54 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (09-07-2008)