View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 09:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello

I'm new here, so I don't know where exactly to start. But, I'll just say I've been searching around for some kind of 'support group' to help me with my problems with my 19 yr old daughter...I went through similiar (still am) with my 23 yr. old son..but, I will just address my problems with my daughter..since, they're more recent..

I've had problems, for the past 1 yr. to 1 1/2 yrs..I know that this time of her life, is full of stressful events and changes..but, I've been patient and helped her. But, I do see now, I let some of her behavior go past me..but, recently they got worse and worse..until, the big 'blow up' 3-4 wks. ago..she ask me if I would come up (9 hr drive to see her before she started her 2nd yr of college)...our last visit, when she was off for summer break..was pretty good! but, the visit was horrible! went home 3 days earlier, as she disrespected me so badly! hurt me very much...I couldn't take it anymore..she realized she had hurt me, yet she doesn't even call me...to just talk, and not leave it like that..she actually ignores me now..and STILL IS disrespecting me? I don't understand IF she knew she was wrong, she knew she had hurt me..so, why would she NOT want to talk and make it right? the times we talked, was actually making progress..but, when I need to ask her things (since, we need to discuss financial things) but, as soon as it's uncomfortable or she needs to be respectful etc...she'll say she has to go, and turns her phone off? so, she's basically continuing her disrespect? why?

This really hurts me and she knows it...I rented a car for us, so we can go siteseeing..(and she wanted it)...but, yet she would use it to see her b/f..and I did allow her, because I understood 'young love'...but, now I see it was all out of disrespect for me..I ask her to take 1 quarter off, come home..and us get counseling, that's how bad it hurts..but, she wouldn't...I just don't understand..I was so upset/hurt, that when I got home..I tried to call her, so we can work it out, discuss it..and she wanted us to have a 'break'...I got so desperate, thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown..and told her, I needed her help..I really did..) and said, I felt SO BAD I thought I might have to check myself into a hospital..SHE still didn't want to talk to me??? this really hurt me more??? how can children do this? I went on antidepressants, because this is so hard to deal with...and it makes me upsets, that I have to do that...any advice, opinons, help??

thanks,

naturewoman