Thread: FMS & Work
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hello friends~ Warbs: so glad you got the disability approved for now. I hope you can get some of your energy back. I get so annoyed that FM is so misunderstood. I wouldn't wish the pain/fatigue etc etc on anyone.

Hello Naja and welcome to NeuroTalk. I'm sorry you are having to deal w/FM too.

It was a blow to me, the once most energetic person around, to have to leave a job I loved. But, it was literally taking me down in every way. The most debillitating thing, was the fact that I couldn't hack it anymore. My pride was hurt. But, alas, it was the best decision for me.

I too, am so glad there are commercials out there describing FM. I still maintain that you must live it to understand it. I also agree that they NEED to come up w/non narcotic pain meds. The Tramadol barely takes the edge off and does nothing for my leg spasms/cramps. Oh, but it's great at constipating me!!! *sorry* ARGHHHH! I find myself grabbing for the bottle and then saying Nah, what's the use???

The narco's are just too much for me. I don't like the side effects from them.

Take care everyone and I really think in "sharing" what we go through, we are helping others and each other.

sending hugs, but "gentle" ones.....

DM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (09-13-2008), warbelsnap (09-03-2008)