View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 09:02 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo55 View Post
I think Doody meant she forced the shoulder & arm beyond the frozen range of motion and probably tore and cracked the scar tissue loose, not that she actually broke her shoulder bone.
Sorry, yes, that's what I did. I haven't reread my post, sorry if it sounds like I broke my shoulder, LOL! NO, didn't do that. And my rotator cuff was a few years later (just 3 years ago, now that really hurt too!).

I did. I forced myself beyond that 'frozen range' of motion. Tore and cracked the scar tissue loose. When my PT told me that was what they would do in surgery, I nearly fell over. He was pretty darned graphic about it. So I just figured, maybe I could give it a try and do what I could do.

So yes, I literally started twirling my arm in circles, closed my eyes and swung! Snap, crackle and pop is literally how it sounded. And yes, it was painful. I think when I went down on my knees (LOL) I said over and over and over, OMG, OMG,. (I warmed up my shoulder before... did my stretching exercises and put moist heat on it as well.)

But I already hurt so bad anyway, I just couldn't stand it anymore. That frozen shoulder crap is just awful. And the less you use that arm, the worse it's going to get.

My PT told me that it's very common in the elderly because they stop using their normal range of motion.

Actually, the range of motion in my left arm (the frozen shoulder arm) is as good as my right arm (the one I had surgery on for my messed up rotator cuff - ripped it shooting hoops with kids and I knew immediately I had severely injured myself - fell to my knees with the pain).

I'm feelin for you guys! OW!!!!!

I hope you are at least doing the stretching exercises, like where you walk your hand up and down a wall.

I am not saying any of you should try what I did! It's just that it is what I did. I took a chance and it worked.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dolfinz (09-04-2008), Jomar (09-03-2008)