View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 11:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have a Chiari at 5mm and the neurosurgeon said he didn't see any pressure on the ventricals and said he doesn't think it was causing any of my symptoms. I still have periodic dizziness and the world turning to one side with nausea. Heavier salavating, thickness in the throat, migraines, short-term memory loss, neck pain, pain behind the eyes, and many on the list of the above mentioned chiari site. Another neurologist said I have atrophy in the brain not expected at my age, the ventricals are much larger than he would expect at my age. He stated that my MRI's are what he would expect to see in an 85 y.o. man or someone with alzheimers. He said "I don't think you have Alzheimers." He is a resident neuro at Mayo. I am 46 yo. It seems that I have a lot of the symptoms of compression, but the other neuro doc said he sees no significant reduction of flow looking at the MRI's (this was in 2006)? This neuro doc is a well respected neuro on Chiari's here and I don't want to sound like I think he's a quack, but something is causing my symptoms. Should I get a second opinion?

Last edited by jsrail; 09-03-2008 at 01:07 PM.
jsrail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote