View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 02:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Right on Target

Donna you are so right! Don't Sign....and even if you did they are suppose to meet again if things are wrong. It's just that the One a year IEP is a law, if 10 meetings are needed they are to do that also but that doesn't usually happen. We had 3 last year and thats rare! The system is bogged down big time. I sure wish there was someone to go with you. Just Hang tough, Donna's right, when they find out you mean business and won't be pushed around they'll be left with no choice but to do the right thing. So many parents are overwhelmed by all this and some just don't care. The district here has a respect for our family that suprised me. We didn't give up just like your not and eventually they worked with us. Please let us know how it goes. Wish we were closer, I would surely just sit there and try and look like I knew what was going on to support you and your son. A good move might be to pass out a copy of the Child Rights and Laws to everyone in the meeting (make the secretary copy them )! Good luck and we'll be thinking of you! Lori T