View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Lisa

I mention Dr. Sanders on here when ever I talk about my surgery. He's my pick just like others have theirs. That's ok though, we all find Drs. that we either trust or we don't. There are also times when we trust a Dr. and then find it was misplaced.

You should be able to mention your Dr. on here. I think we have talked about the good or bad of some of them anyway but again we don't have to turn them into arguments.

Drs. do stick together. We see that so much. I have one Dr. though that says he doesn't trust Drs. and he has argued with some and even told one that he didn't like the way he did surgery. So there are some out there that disagree but 99% do stick together.

It's ironic I think that I went to the Vascular Institute for my surgery and he sent me to Dr. Sanders to do my surgery and even called him buy his first name. I think they are all tied together in a lot of ways and they really don't care which one we go to for surgery. They aren't competitive that's for sure.

A lot of Drs. also tend to not say a lot of things. I think they are taught in school the old saying " The less said the better". It saves their buts when things go wrong.

A lot of people were made worse by surgeries and I think it's from not telling a patient everything up front. It's great that we have this website because we can learn from each other and hopefully head of any mistake that a Dr. might make in the future by what we know.

I'm kind of wondering if a block shouldn't be done before any TOS surgery. It seems to be one of the biggest things that brings it out. I do ask my Drs. for blocks and I have ran up on several that won't touch me because of the RSD but I do believe that there are times when you have no choice but to have a surgery and some have the common sense to know that and will ward off any more pain then we already have

I hope you do start having some better days.
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote