Thread: FMS & Work
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 09:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Big thing is I'm just waiting on Aenta to approve my claim. I called today and the customer service person told me that the claim had been approved by my company but not them. They are in the processing of reviewing and then going to make the determination if they are going to give me benefits or not. I had this happen in Feb when I had my second surgery in 18months for scar tissue removal. The surgeon @ Emory put me out for 8 weeks but Aetna would only approve it for 6 weeks even though this was the second time in 18 months having the same surgery. I just don't understand how or why the insurance companies are allowed to override what the doctors say. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against nurses. However, they have a paid nurse on staff to review all claims that come in. Seems wrong to me. I also realize that insurance companies are in it to make money. That is also wrong when it comes at the health expense of a person and their family. I will let you know how things are progressing. Thanks for all your thoughts.

Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it

warbelsnap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (09-13-2008)