View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Lightbulb SAM-e

S-adenosylmethionine

i have been taking it for awhile (4 months now i thinkg..i can go back and check) now after my dr suggested it. i had blood work that came back and said my liver function was on the low side ( just barely but still...) he couldn't give me any cause for that. i am not taking any rx's and very rarely use any otc pain meds.

the dosage i am on now may seem high, 400mg am and 400mg pm.

but..wowza..world of difference in many areas.

my hair, which used to grow like a weed and had slowed so far down i rarely need a hair cut. my last one had been in april! growing fantastic now. my fingernails, which i never had fake ones, always had my own long hard ones, had been peeling & cracking, are back to long and no chipping, peeling...breaking. and my skin...oh goodness. even hubby asked if i was sneaking off for facials or if i had "something" done.

my pms...99% gone. i reserve the right to keep that 1% i have a VERY stressful life. and VERY high pain levels daily. i tolerate these stresses so much better.

oh...and the migraines...just about gone! maybe 1 per month.

i can't say that my sleeping has improved from. i wasn't expecting it to. i started taking a melatonin that also has L-Theanine and B-6 in it. hubby bought, it so i am trying it. (was going to try plain melatonin, but i opened the bottle before looking ) it helps me to actually fall asleep. but i still wake from pain.

is anyone else taking SAM-e? what is it doing for you?

*remember...check with your dr before adding any otc med*

Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote