View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 12:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesvett View Post
hi...i have rsd from a spinal cord injury in my neck...the ache in my body, so bad i told my doc i looked like an arthritic old woman, and the dry, bleeding condition of my right hand, was what tipped him off that i had rsd in the first place. it definitely is part of the disease, it is how i was initially diagnosed. i had no idea, but when my doc asked how i was feeling, i figured why not and i told him that i could hardly walk when i got up in the morning...especially since it was new for me. he just nodded his head, and said it was rsd and recommended a stellate block. hang in there...i am on dilaudid, and methadone, lyrica and cymbata and still feel like i am an old lady. it hurts so bad, and now i am swelling up like a balloon, my feet and legs, and my hand turned different colors (purple, blue, red) and went hot or cold, never the same as the left. rsd is a blast!! yeah right...
Hi Janesvett, I'm so sorry, I know it's hard. Did the blocks help? They are supposed to within the first year. I was diagnosed so many years later. I also take Lyrica, it works well for me, before Lyrica about a year ago I took
3200 mg a day.Lyrica works better on the pain both make you gain wait, and I'm not just talking about 5 lbs. I was suze 5 since high school-30 years, now a few sizes higher. I;m really really tring this is funny-- I still have rows and rows of clothers in my closet with the plastic bags on them and also the price tags Swimming and full body massage reallly help,stretching exercises. We live in AZ it's still 105 So manybe another moth I can get on a walking routine.I I will you it really helps to keep moving, when it cools down a little I'm going to start up walking again, just a little at a time. Keep trying ladies, and don't give up Take Care LORETTA
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote