View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 10:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrett622 View Post
Ummm...I was 'cured' of my depression by Effexor XR. It took approximately 3 years of treatment with Effexor to reset my brain chemicals. Celexa didn't work at all for me. Effexor did. Not every drug works for each person. We're all very different from each other as far as body chemistry and such goes.

There are risks with anything one puts in their body. If you have a rare allergy, for instance, you could be in trouble from something no one even considered. Something that millions of people use all the time without a problem. The odds of this happening are *very* small. But it does happen. On the other hand, millions of people have been helped by AD's. I'm one of them.
Hi, and thank you for replying to my thread. I would have replied sooner but i don't come on much. I try not to focus on mental health too much, even through this is the best site about mental health i have found i believe if you read into something too much you start diaignosing yourself even more or stay fixated on your difficulties bececause your constantly reading about it.

Anyway gettin off the reason i replied, i have decided to take something for the anxiety. But only when needed. WHich won't be much. I still have'nt looked onto the drug, i think it starts will an "L".

But i would like to respond to your comment on my thread. You say just because it has helped millions forget about the rest of the people . I put an articule up here about a mother with no suspision her older teenage daughter was out of the ordinary, just blue her head off in the backyard after taking Prozac. THERE IS JUST NOT A FEW, there is alot more known cases. Take a day, just one whole day and lok at all the horror stories people are facing from medication.

It was amazing, i just watched the oprah show , and Wednesday when Dr. Oz was on he was talkin about the natural way to go and how it was the best way. IT SHOCK ED AND OPRAH and half the audence. Oprah than said " you would never hear a dooctor say that 10years ago. ITS TRUE. Doctors are money hungry. Docot Oz was talkin about how inportant acupucture is with all the stress, mental health, and anxity out here. He was talkin about if he could make it free to everyone he would. He also talked about hypnotherapy and i missed most of that topic so i can't comment on it. I AM first hand to tell you those work, unfortunatley hypno is costing me $125 a session, and acupucture $45. But he said jus like all doctors excercising is the best way, it hard real hard to push through it but all the nausa, dizzyness, racing throught go away, their slowy starting for me because of hypno, but most important i know i will be starting school soon and that will fit everything else in order. If i don't do one thing productive a day i go over the to insane, in bed bed, racing thought, curled up in a fedel possision.

But i'm rambling so, the last thing i got to say, is th only reason why i am willing to take medication is because without it , i will die, or not be able to see my son one day, who i have'nt seen in 28 months. I think medication for me is the easy way out but i'm dessprete, i have alot to lose. I just don't have one disorder i have 6. With something simple as depression( and i say simple is because it's one thing to take care of) they do not co in side with other diorder so you know what you have to take care off, weither you chosse to or not, the medication is a bandaid, it does'nttake it away, please look into that. There has been alot of test, especially recently where they gave mental health mostley and other people with health issues " suger pills", it had the same affect. When you tae pill a little switch in your brain goes off it tells u " this is gong to help me" , i can't not articulate the rest of that story but i think u get me. This is only me and a million other people points of veiws, not saying there right its just what i belive.

I hope i did not offend you. Everyone should be able though to state their opinion. Not everyone can be happy.
prettynpinkk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote