View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 12:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladysD View Post
About the article...yes there is a risk involved, but here's the warning label off of Zoloft..

WARNING: Antidepressant medications are used to treat a variety of conditions, including depression and other mental/mood disorders. These medications can help prevent suicidal thoughts/attempts and provde other important benefits. However, studies have shown that a small number of people(especially people younger than 25) who take antidepressants for any condition may experience worsening depression, other mental/mood symptoms, or suicidal thoughts/attempts. Therefore, it is very important to talk with the doctor about the risks and benefit......

The label goes on. Let me tell you....the idea is, these thoughts do not occur overnight. It's a recurring pattern. If thoughts are left untreated or unmentioned, of course it could get pretty bad, yet then again...these thoughts can exist without the meds.

I'd imagine that if you were under compliant treatment with a trained medical doctor, then they'd know you've a history of this kind of thinking.

I see in your above post, mention of chronic mj use. Though it's touted by many as nature's prozac....as with any medication, too much of a 'good' thing can have some pretty negative outcomes.

You are complaining about short-term memory issues, yet you continue to toke it up.
You are complaining about unexplainable muscle twitches, yet you continue to use.
You complain about possibly being schizophrenic...yet...you still use!

Don't you see a pattern?

Could it be possible that you've gone from use to misuse/abuse? Isn't it just another unhealthy coping mechanism?

You write like you've got the potential to accomplish a great many things. It seems like you are an intelligent enough human being. Just very scared. I really hope for your sake, and the sake of your son, you are able to overcome yourself and start finding the truth and beauty in life.

It's not all good/bad, black/white...life is full of grey areas. I'm glad you are posting on NT. It's a great place! Truly it is!

Your dysmorphic disorder could very well be connected to the borderline dx. And I'm suprised, that as a borderline, you've spent so much time with hypnotherapy--0-3 is the source of trauma for borderlines. DBT is much more effective! That's been proven thanks to the research of Marsha Linehan.

Best of Luck! Please realize, somewhere deep inside of you, that I am not posting to you for the sake of argument, nor because I don't care about you. Believe me, if I didn't care I wouldn't have posted.

And if you've felt ignored on this board in any way, sometimes posts like these make others fearful of spammers, or they just don't know what to say or how to say it....like I said...life is full of grey areas!

I hope you seek wellness in some way shape or form.....Warm Wishes....

Hi there Gladys!!

Wow, i reprect you so mush more for putting me in my place. LoL. You are write in so many ways andi thank you for letting me see a little grey. The day i read your message i had a doctors appointment for something else. I decided to ask my doctor for something for anxity ( FOR NOW!!!!), something i can take when needed. Even though i don't agree with medication for mental health( it's an easy way out, and a bandaid for the soloution) i have a son that needs me, and if i don't get out of this depression due to my anxity soon i'll ended up dying and not seeing him anyway. HE"S THE ONLY REASON.

I am going to try my best once again and again and again ( lol) to quit the whole weed thing but on Sunday, hee hee i start school on monday. It gets very hard to cope with things. I have been smoking since i was 14 pretty regular like now until i was pregnant with my son, i still smoked it after he was born butonly when he went to bed for the night and only like 3 times a week or less. And until he got tookin 3 in a half years ago now i smoke all day. I LOVED how you said " u see a patteren" just like the articule. i laugh afew times on that one, plus it got my attention ven more.

I have to ask you about what you meant about the hypnotherapy and the effects u said. U said u were suprised about something. I am having some eye effects from it, but i don't know if it' the hypno or something else in it self.

I just wanted to clarify with you what my difficulties are so were on the same page.I would love to keep in contact with you seem blunt, very intelligent and your on both sides of the fence when it comes to naturals and medicine. I have been diaignosed with borderline A.D.D means i'm onthe normalcy and borderline of having it, also clinical depression, personality disorder, anxiety, learning dissablities( i say difficulties). I think i may have OCD from having to stay at a shelter for 2 weeks because i had no money to get home when i was out of town. This was a year in a half ago. I would like to disscuse that with you on a latter date, cuz i already feel like i'm rambling. A lot of people can't read my letters. Please feel free to ask if you can't understand something. I seen a thing about body dismorfic disorder, i don't know if i have that or not but wouldl ike to disscuss it with someone knowledgable about it.

I'm going ot end this until your reply. It might take me a week or so to get back. I come on about once a week, 'll read it right away but responded when i come on the site and read a bit also. I feel the more you obsseesse about your mental health the more it stays with you.

Talk to you soon
Cory

Oh yeah i seen in another reply you had sent to me , i think it was a link about personality disorder, i'm not good at understanding complicated things, or putting things together. If you can explain it a little more that would help. I would REALLLY liek to study that hard because i think thats my biggest effect.
prettynpinkk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GladysD (09-05-2008)