View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 01:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Good news from my doc!

Hello all! I thought for once I'd log on with some GOOD news! I saw my hema and my neuro this week; my hema told me he thinks I'm in remission! Remission! Now, I am cautiously optomistic, especially since I'm still on meds, and know that I'll need to be off of all of them b/4 I am "offically" in remission, but FINALLY (!) a ray of hope after all this time! MY hema told me that he thought I'd had this disease for years without being properly diagnosed ( I was told I was "depressed b/4), so MAYBE now I'll feel like my old self..........we'll see!

Oh, to be able to properly take care of my family again! To be able to do things without being worn out by midmorning..........I can't even imagine! I hugged my son so tight I actually hurt him! He was stunned! I was always so weak b/4 that I could barely do anything and now I feel like I am finally on the path to regaining my former strength! Now again, I'm trying to be cautious, cuz' I really don't want to get my hopes up and then have them shot down again, but just the thought of feeling better is so fabulous that I knew I wanted to share it with all of you that have been so amazing and kind to me - you have all been so good to me and were all there when I needed you most..................I really appreciate it!

I still have to see my docs once a week and get my blood work done (cuz' of the Cellcept), but maybe there is a hope for remission!

Have you been told that you were going into remission? What did it feel like for you? How did you know that you were going into remission? I'm just so scared of getting my hopes up and then having them dashed, you know? I am afraid that I may wake up and told that this is just a wonderful dream............Afraid of being "too happy"................We'll see

Erin