View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 01:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

There is nothing wrong with carrying wipes - I do it all the time! Granted, I do not have MS, I have MG (myasthenia gravis), but I know with my disease, illness can make me very ill very quickly, so I figure wipes and antibiotic gel are smart and very necessary items to carry around with me. WE did no thing wrong to get this - our body's immune systems are just whacked and we have to do what we can to protect ourselves. Any diease is scary. Especially one where we cannot control our bodies - I have a very dear friend who has MS and we were talking about our "triggers" they are exactly the same - heat, doing too much, etc. - so while I do not know what you are going through exactly, I can empathize - hang in there! You are not strange - you are trying to protect yourself while keeping it together - smart, not weird!Take care! Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ra* View Post
The thing I find to be the strangest about myself is that while yes, I don't like germs, I'm terrified of disease. I'm classified as what you might call Pathophobic. (Fear of Disease) Yet I have Multiple Sclerosis.

My entire life I have been so afraid of having to live with some disease or another, be it a transmittable disease (and lord only knows I've lived my life on the wild side and luckily enough didn't catch a thing)... or be it a genetic disease that I'm born with or something I end up developing because of environment.

Who knows what causes MS... All I know is that I have it... along with a multitude of other health issues and yet, I'm still an antiseptic wipe carrying, "don't touch anything!", fearful woman who's afraid of disease.

I swear, I'm a walking contradiction. (And this isn't the only thing!)

Is there anyone else out there who has this issue or am I the only one alone on this island of fear?

~Giovanna
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jappy (09-05-2008), SallyC (09-04-2008)