Thread: Suicide
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 04:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation Suicide

Hi folks,

Just thought I would drop in and say hello and a quick catch up for you all. Sorry I have not been online of late and I have no idea who is doing what and how others are getting on.

I am in hospital at the moment and it looks like I am set to remain here for another 5 weeks, I have already been here 3 weeks following a suicide attempt with an overdose of seroquel which left me with no control over my body movements for 12 hours or so, I took enough I thought to knock a horse out, however I was wrong, I did call someone for help - more a call to cancel a date under the assumption that I would already be dead by then.

My new pdoc has me on a whole new combination of medication including lithium and I have had a confirmation diagnosis of Bi Polar I together with PTSD which he cannot treat until my mood has stabilised. So I am going to lots of group therapy and other classes which are run at the hospital and I must say that this has been a long time coming. I hope that they are able to fix me so that I don't actually succeed one day in killing myself which for those bi polars out there should know the statistics are one in six. Shocking isn't it, well it looks like after the fourth attempt someone is still looking after me in a spiritual sense, I guess I am lucky, I don't want to push that luck but there are times in the past when that was the only option that I could see.

All the best,
Boxer

Insanity is doing the same thing expecting different results!