View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 02:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Really? Wow! I did not know that! Don't I feel like a goofball!?! I know what you mean about the 3 steps forward, 2 steps back, that's why I don't want to get my hopes up too much............How long have you had MG? Are you still on tons of meds like me? I was hoping that at some point they would be reduced, but only time will tell. I know remission is a long shot, but I"ve got to keep the faith, cuz' w/out that I'd just give up, you know? Thanks for the info anf let me know how you are when you get a chance! Erin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyGirl View Post
Lots of us have had thymectomies, myself included. We just don't mention it, as we realize after years of waiting, that the elusive remission just ain't happenin'. True remissions don't happen all that often and I think your hemo did you a disservice by saying you are going into remission. Based on what???? Antibody levels??? While I hope it's TRUE (wouldn't THAT be cool!?), it's very very early to be throwing the word around so casually and doing so raises false hopes as MG is so very often a 3 steps forward, 2 back kind of deal. Enjoy the good times, keep out hope for the future but don't put all your hopes and dreams into the thymectomy (or any other treatment) basket.

Missy--who knows of only ONE person who has ever had true, drug free remission.