View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 11:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello again! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well - this darn disease just won't seem to give you a break, will it? Is your mom taking care of you? Do you have someone to help you out? Gosh I wish we all lived closer to each other - that way we could do something to help each other out.......Staying in bed is frustrating, I know buy you need to make sure and try to take really good care of yourself and try to just relax - easier said than done I know. I personally hate it when I'm down, bu have recently taken up sewing (when my vision/fingers allow) - not exactly exciting, but at least my WHOLE family now has tons of pillows.................How long were you well after your thymectomy? Days? Months? Years? I don't want to get get my hopes up too high, but on the other hand the thought of being sick for the rest of my life is just too much for me to handle right now. If I have to go in every month for IV IG or whatever in order to do so, then I will, but the thought of not being able to properly take care of my fellas is just too much for me. I'm still new to this (it's really only been 5 months since my diagnosis and surgery), so maybe I'm still in denial, but I grew up taking care of my chroncally ill Grandmother and saw how much she suffered (she finally had a heart transplant in 87, but passed in 92)......I saw her take pill after pill and bedridden for years and I truly don't know how she did it.She was an amazing woman. Her strength and dignity were truly amazing. She never complained - even when she was bleeding out of her eyes.........it was horrible. I started taking care of her after my dad refused (I was 13 @ the time) and it was really hard. We had to wear masks and sanitize everything we touched. I for one will conitnue to hope and pray for remission until my last day on earth. You WERE NOT complaining, just explaining what you are going through right now and I always like to hear from you........I hope you feel better really soon! Know that I am praying for you..............Erin
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtail View Post
Hi Erin,
don't feel like a goofball, as Missy said, we don't all say everythinabout ourselves, or may have done in the past, and don't wish to repeat ourselves. Or like me be in a bad place and really not have any extra "spoons" to add a post.
I think I discovered why my MG is so bad at the moment, I've got some sort of tummy bug, who knows what it is, gastro, medication?!?!?!?!?!

I to have had a thymectomy, back in 2003, I was doing really well for a while.
The last few days have been awful, I've had to get my Mum to take me down the street, cos I dont even have enough energy to drive, let alone the little things in life. I've spent the last 3 days in bed!! most unusual for me, but man am I tired and muscle fatigued!!I havn't been this bad for quite a while.

I'm so sorry to complain on your thread, just think I need to vent a little.
Hope everyone else reading this is doing a bit better than I am.
redtail