View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 12:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Erin,
thanks!! Mum lives about a 3 minute drive away, so she's there if I need her, her twin lives 3 doors down from me, so she will be right here if I need her. At the moment I'm coping on my own, resting not eating much, so I don't really need thier help.

I guess after my thymectomy in '03 I did really well for a while, it took months I think,worked part time. Now I don't feel I'm doing as well, or I wonder if I wasn't doing great back then but had not choice to soldier on and struggle with life. Before the thym' I had not strength or energy, I would come home from work, and have a glass of milk for dinner. At least now except on my worst days I can cook dinner. The housework sometimes gets left for a while, but on the whole I'm better than when I was first diagnosed, just not back to my old self!!
I often think I'm still in denile, I sometimes push myself way to far, when I should be resting or at least taking it easier.
Wow, that must have been a hard thing taking care of your Grandmother from such a young age!
I bought myself a sewing machine last year, and have made a few things, and hopefully will continue to do so. I really do enjoy sewing, a bug I caught off my Mum.
Hope things continue to improve
redtail
redtail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote